You are nearing the half-way point of your pregnancy!
Chances are by now, you’ve got quite the bump (remember: every bump is different! You could be really showing or just barely. Both are beautiful!)
Have you felt a little flutter in your belly yet? More details on that below!
Baby In Action at 18 Weeks
Wondering what your baby is doing in there? Yawning and hiccupping, that’s what. You might even be able to feel some of those hiccups soon! Your baby also now has his or her own unique fingerprints on her fingers and toes. Also in the works is a rapidly maturing nervous system.
Baby Size at 18 Weeks
At 18 weeks baby is the size of a cucumber and getting bigger by the day. He or she is around 5.5 inches long and weighs between 5.5 – 6.5 ounces.
Your Body at 18 Weeks
If you’re feeling a little tickle in your belly it could be your baby moving around! You may not realize at first what it is but soon you will definitely be able to tell what those little flutters are. Here’s what else is happening with you:
- Leg Cramps. Help fight them off by making sure you stay hydrated and by doing some stretching.
- Swollen Hands and Feet. A normal amount of swelling is normal. Try to rest and kick up your feet as much as possible. Adding a bit of lemon to your water can help as well.
- Back pain. Your uterus is expanding and putting a lot of pressure on your insides. More details on how you can get some relief here.
- Trouble Sleeping. It can be hard to catch the sleep you need when you are dealing with so much discomfort. Here’s some great ways to get better sleep while pregnant.
18 Week To-Do-List
-Between 18-22 weeks, your doctor will order an Anatomy Scan. This will be a in-depth ultrasound to get a good look of baby. Read about how you can prepare for your anatomy scan here.
– Baby’s gender will soon be known! Are you planning on doing a gender reveal party? If so, it’s time to start take action and start planning your party! Get all the best ideas for how to share the big “he or she” news on this Pinterest Board.