Grow, baby, GROW! Your little one is making some big changes this week (more on that below). And how about the changes happening with mama… have you spied a baby bump yet? If this is your first prengnancy, it may take a bit longer for you to show. However, if you have previously been pregnant, then your uterus may stretch a bit quicker and already showing a little bump!
Baby In Action at 15 Weeks
During week 15 your little one is working on their acrobatic skills. You can’t feel it but he is squirming all over the place in there. Your baby is also practicing a few other skills like kicking, sucking, and swallowing. If an x-ray were taken this week you would be able to see baby’s skeleton since her bones are now beginning to ossify.
Baby Size at 15 Weeks
By the end of week 15 your orange sized baby will be almost 4 inches long and weight just over 2 ounces. At 15 weeks the legs now out measure the arms so his or her proportions are become more normal.
Your Body at 15 Weeks
Here are some of the not so fun side effects of pregnancy you might be dealing with this week:
- Swollen Gums. Gently flossing once a day and brushing your teeth at least twice a day is said to help keep the swelling down.
- Pregnancy Brain. It’s a very real thing and may get worse in the next trimester.
- Shortness of Breath. You may notice that you get easily winded now that your uterus and your baby are growing bigger and taking up more room.
15 Week To-Do-List
– Have you thought about taking a birth class? Now that they are available online, you can take them whenever and wherever! Plus, it’s a great way to educate yourself on different birthing options so you can start to outline your birth plan. We HIGHLY suggest the online L&D class “Birth It Up”. You can sign up here. Use code SWADDLESNBOTTLES for 10% off!
– You may be getting close to the point of needed a few maternity essentials. PinkBlush Maternity is a great place to look! They have everything from pajamas to work place essentials, bathing suits and even evening gowns!