12 Weeks- What's Happening This Week?
At 12 weeks, you are nearing the end of your first trimester. Meaning morning sickness will soon be a thing of the past (hallelujah!) and you will start to feel more normal.
Many woman also report having higher energy levels in their second trimester. Plus, that long awaited baby bump will soon make it’s appearance!
Baby In Action at 12 Weeks
This week your baby’s bone marrow is working on making white blood cells that will one day help fight off germs. The pituitary gland (located at the base of the brain) is busy producing hormones, which are needed for proper development. The eyes have moved to the front of the head giving baby a much more recognizable appearance.
Baby Size at 12 Weeks
Your baby has more than doubled in size in the last few weeks. Quite impressive! He or she is now the size of a lime, weighing in at just under .5 ounces.
Your Body at 12 Weeks
- Dizzy spells. Blood pressure changes and hormone shifts can really ramp these up this week.
- Less frequent trips to the bathroom. As your uterus moves upwards to the front of your abdomen you might not have to go as often. Finally some relief!
- Dark skin patches. You may notice these pop up on your face and neck.
- Weight Gain. It is totally normal to gain weight during pregnancy!
12 Week To-Do-List
– You’ve probably noticed some changes in your breast. They will continue to grow throughout your pregnancy. You will NOT regret buying a great maternity bra (this one comes highly rated!). If you don’t want to purchase a larger bra, you can buy bra extenders like these.
– Have you and your partner discussed planning a baby moon? It’s a great way to spend some good quality time together before baby comes. The best time to go is between now and 30 weeks, meaning now is a great time to plan!