Chances are, from the moment you found out you were pregnant, there was a long list of questions that ran through your brain. I was once in your same shoes! Luckily, your OB is the BEST source of information and can answer all of your questions for you at your first prenatal visit (and all the other questions you come up with at your second, third and fourth appointment!)
Here’s a list of questions to ask your OB:
- Are all of my medications safe for pregnancy? Both prescription and over-the-counter
- Are there any of my cosmetic products that are not same (think topical face treatments, creams or peels)
- What, if any, modifications should I make to my workout regimen?
- I have a family history of XYZ… are we able to test for this? What are the chances it will pass to baby? (If you are heavily concerned about this, it may be wise to get in touch with a genetic counselor)
- What Hospital do you deliver at? Is it a teaching hospital?
- If you are not available to deliver me, who will do it?
- How much weight should I be gaining each week? How much should I gain during my entire pregnancy?
- How do I get in contact with you after hours if I have an emergency? What do you consider emergency? Cramping, bleeding, fever?
- Is there any restriction for sex during my pregnancy?
If you think of more questions after leaving your appointment, write them down until next visit.
Luckily, you will be seeing your doc alot in the coming months 🙂