You’ve done it, mama! You have officially made it through your first trimester of pregnancy! You are 1/3 of the way there!
At 13 weeks, this is when many parents-to-be announce the big news! We’ve got a ton of ideas for you on how to announce on our Pintersst board for Pregnancy announcements.
Baby In Action at 13 Weeks
Your baby’s intestines are going through some big changes this week. The intestines have been inside of the umbilical cord this whole time but are now moving down to their permanent home inside baby’s abdomen. Your baby has also been working on growing their vocal cords. Only 27 more weeks until you will hear your baby crying for the first time!
Baby Size at 13 Weeks
Baby is the size of a lemon now. Your baby weighs about an ounce and is 3 inches long. Instead of taking up half the body the head now only takes up 1/3.
Your Body at 13 Weeks
- Stretch marks. About 90% percent of women experience these anywhere from their hips, breast, and abdomen.
- Sore breasts. It’s perfectly normal and caused by an increase in blood flow and estrogen.
- Increase in energy. Use that new found energy to try some light exercises.
- Food Aversion. Try your best to find healthy foods that appeal to you, but don’t be too hard on yourself.
13 Week To-Do-List
– Is your partner ready for his new life as a dad? Grab him a book to prepare him for his little bundle of joy. We love “Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads” and “The Expectant Father“. Both will give him a good laugh while also gearing him up for #dadlife.