There are so many memorable moments surrounding the birth of a new baby girl and a great baby shower is definitely one of the top ones! Throwing a baby shower can be overwhelming at first, but once you break it down into a few key areas, it can be easy! Here are some tips on how to throw a great baby shower!
Swaddles n’ Bottles Top 7 Tips for Throwing a Great Baby Shower
- Start with a theme. This will really tie the entire event together- Need inspiration? Pinterest has so much to offer. Simply search “baby shower themes girl” and you will not be disappointed with the results!
- Venue Selection. Depending on how many people you are expecting, you may be able to use a home or rent out a venue. Either way, always make sure there is enough seating for everyone as well as designated spaces for food, gifts, and games.
- Provide a variety of food and drink options. Having a selection of choices for your guests ensures that no matter someone’s diet restriction or choices, they will be able to eat and drink at the event.
- Encourage a good time! As the hostess, encourage others to enjoy themselves. Introduce them to others at the party.
- Capture the event well. If possible, hire a photographer to come in for the event. If not, put a family member or friend in charge of getting as many photos as they can. Encourage the mother-to-be to get photos with each guest.
- Provide a favor to the guests as a thank you for attending. This can be as simple as a basket of treats, some hand lotion, or even a small plant. Be sure to check out our DIY baby shower favor printables here.
- Keep it fun! There is a long history of fun games for baby showers. Again, Pinterest is a great place for inspiration! We’ve also got a big list of “non-game” baby shower activities you can check out here, but our top choice is baby shower gift bingo. Guests fill in spots as the mama-to-be opens gifts and the first one to get a bingo wins a prize! Download it here!
Now…onto some fun food options!
Delicious Food Ideas for a Girl Baby Shower
Not only would these cookies be great served at the shower, they would be a great thank you gift to send home with your guests. You can grab our printable thank you tags here. Recipe found at Sallys Baking Addiction.
The best foods also double as beautiful decorations! You could do these with either white chocolate or yogurt for a healthier option. Photo from
This pink popcorn is the perfect protein packed snack for a baby shower. Just be sure you either make it the day of the event or the day prior to avoid it getting too soggy. Here’s the link for the recipe.
Pink Champagne raspberry sorbet may be my new go-to treat when hosting a baby shower! It’s so simple to put together, looks great, and tastes even better! Full recipe here.
You can never go wrong with serving muddy buddies at a party! I speak from experience when I say it takes a lot of willpower to step away from this stuff; it’s that good! You can grab the recipe here.
A simple parfait can be dressed up for just about any occasion. Using strawberry-flavored yogurt for your base is a great way to make it girl-themed! You can either deck them out with granola and other toppings before your guests arrive or create a self-serve type setting where they can add their own toppings. Photo credit.
The ultimate pink sweet treat?… a pink chocolate fountain! Many party rental companies offer chocolate fountains for rent at a daily rate and it is a great way to add a wow-factor to the special day! Photo credit
More Baby Shower Inspiration